Windows + Encryption

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 20:11:02 UTC 2008

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Do you have GPG on Windows?
>
> Also, what hacking did you have to do to make it work on Vista?  Care
> you share your patches, so we can include them?

I have recently been doing some work to make Brackup work better in
Windows, some of which I committed.

However, I also wrote a wrapper script which uses the Microsoft utility
"VSHADOW"[1] to create a volume shadow copy before running the backup,
to avoid problems with files that currently have exclusive locks held by
other applications. I was hesitant to share it because it's a bit yucky,
but I suppose it could be useful to others as a starting point.

Is anyone interested in this? I'm not sure it belongs in the main
brackup repository, but I guess I could put it somewhere else.

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530725.aspx