[off-list] Re: Brackup and Amazon S3 EUROPE

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 13:51:10 UTC 2008

Hi Alessandro,

Alessandro Ranellucci wrote:
> On 18-01-2008 at 1:02, Martin Atkins wrote:
>
>  >If you can put together a simple patch for this I'd be happy to
>  >commit it for you in Brad's absense. I presume that this is only
>  >going to be a minor, localized change.
>
> Hello Martin, so you have commit access? Brad actually offered me commit
> access, but after I sent him the htaccess line he disappeared from
> Brackup.
>
> Do you think that Brad is going to take over again Brackup
> development/maintainance? I ask this to evaluate the need of a fork.

Brad no longer works at Six Apart (who host brackup's repository), so I
guess it was just bad timing that he left before he had a chance to give
you access. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting commit access now.

Brad has been a bit quiet on all of these mailing lists recently. I'm
afraid I don't know what his plans are in this regard.

> I've got two patches:
> 1) little bugfix for prune/gc originally requested by Brad;
> 2) bucket prefixes (it's a minor and retrocompatible change).
> Beware that the attached brackup-prefix.patch contains both.

These two are now checked in:
http://code.sixapart.com/trac/brackup/changeset/165
http://code.sixapart.com/trac/brackup/changeset/166