GC with brackup-target and GPG (alternative solution)

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Wed Oct 22 23:40:28 UTC 2008

Sorry for breaking the thread; I've just subscribed to the list.

I thought you folks might be interested in the alternative solution I
use for 'gc' with encrypted metafiles.

The solution is quite obvious really, and avoids the problem of having
to keep copies of private keys everywhere. The patch below adds a switch
to brackup-target which tells it to use the local *.brackup metafiles,
which are NOT encrypted.

If you lost the local copies, you could also download, decrypt and
replace them from the target... but the date format in the filename will
need to be changed, as they differ (no idea why).

The patch is at:

http://www.inerd.com/patches/brackup-210-gc-local-metafiles.diff

Shaun

--