Restore hangs

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Apr 3 23:45:06 UTC 2009

Ross Patterson <me at rpatterson.net> writes:

> Having successfully backed up to amazon and restored a single file from
> the same machine I did the backup from, I tried getting a backup from
> the target and doing the same exact restore using the downloaded
> *.brackup file instead of the one created locally during backup.  I
> seemed to start just fine but hangs with no load or network activitiy:
>
> $ brackup-target amazon get_backup etc-1238764547
> $ brackup-restore --from=/tmp/etc-1238764547.brackup --to=/tmp/ --just=subversion/config
>
> You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
> user: "..."
> 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID ..., created ... (main key ID ...)
>
> Decrypted metafile /tmp/etc-1238764547.brackup to /tmp/Azo7FUabJs/UGJi42kiAd; using that to restore from...

More info.  When I copy the decrypted tmp file version of the metafile
and then do the restore, it works just fine.  So it appears that the
hang happens between decrypting the metafile and starting the
restoration.

I'll file a bug just as soon as I know which tracker to use, the CPAN
one of the google code one?

Ross