gc and encrypted metafiles

Stéphane Alnet stephane at shimaore.net
Tue Jan 20 03:06:02 UTC 2009

> 1. Moving the decryption code to a shared location and calling it from both
> places (your proposed solution).
> 2. Modifying brackup-target to take a command line switch that tells it to
> use local copies of the metadata files (which are not encrypted). [...]
> If we do #2, I also propose to modify the prune
> operation to remove the local metadata files as well.

These are not mutually exclusive; I'll look into both. It appears the
patches posted by Shaun Amott for #2 [1] didn't make it into SVN.

I also saw [2] which is also related to gc but doesn't seem to have
been corrected (? -- looking through the SVN changes after that post).
The proposed patches (from Struan Bartlett) aren't available anymore
though.

S.

[1] http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/brackup/2008-October/000178.html
[2] http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/brackup/2008-November/000186.html