Initial support for in-band registration in MySQL

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 17:06:22 UTC 2006

Iktiv wrote:

> Also, when we are at UnregisterJID what exactly means $cb->decline?
> There is no $cb->error like in RegisterJID and I wasn't sure what to set
> if we can't delete the user from the database, for some reason.

"decline" means that your hook doesn't want to handle this particular
request, so it should be passed on to the next hook in the chain. This
only comes into play if there are multiple in-band registration hooks
registered.

I don't think declining is the right thing to do in the "can't write to
database" case; The right approach, I imagine, is to send an error
response to the client to tell it you were unable to process the
registration. I guess that is what $cb->error would do, if it existed.

So I guess we need a $cb->error!