Blocking Plugins

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 07:26:44 UTC 2006

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> They'll be transparently run in a child process if you declare it
> blocking.  I was gonna try to finish that today, but keep getting
> interrupted.

Perhaps it would be better to have this flag set at the hook level
rather than the plugin level? It's quite likely that there'll be a
plugin that has a few blocking operations but also a some really simple
ones that would get dwarfed by the overhead of all of this forking and
socket communication.

Could maybe just be a flag passed in to VHost->register_hook?