patch to add a pid file to djabberd

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 23:10:38 UTC 2006

Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> While trying to write a initscript for djabberd, I have noticed there is
> no easy way to get the pid file of the daemon, as it fork two times.
>
> So I quickly hacked a patch that use File::Pid to do his job, against
> current svn.

djabberd already has support for writing out a pidfile in the form of a
"PidFile" configuration directive, but I suppose having it as a command
line option is useful too.

I don't think the current PidFile implementation cleans up the file when
DJabberd quits, either; to be honest, I just hacked it in while trying
to create an init script. :)