Subdomains, Components and other such fun

oliver oli oliver.oli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:52:11 UTC 2006

Martin Atkins wrote:
> Since there is now a delivery plugin defined, you must explicitly
> declare the local delivery plugin, like this:
>
> <VHost example.com>
>     <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local />
>     <Subdomain test>
>         # ...
>     </Subdomain>
>     # ...
> </VHost>

that works for me. thanks :-)

> This behavior with subdomains is of course non-obvious, but we can't
> just assume that a domain with subdomains will have local delivery. I'm
> not really sure what the right fix is here. If we make a subdomain still
> imply local delivery, we need a way to explicitly disable local delivery.

better documentation? ;)

it would be much more transparent, if no plugin is automagically loaded.
so you have to explicitly declare local delivery.

or throw some infos and warnings to the console, like:

Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local loaded...

Warning: No local delivery configured