external components cannot reconnect

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 18:17:38 UTC 2006

oliver oli wrote:
> an external component can only connect once to djabberd. when it tries
> to reconnect doesn't accept the connection.
>
> # ./component.rb
> 16:17:12 Debugging mode enabled.
> 16:17:12 CONNECTING:
>     localhost:5290
> 16:17:12 SENDING:
>     <stream:stream xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams'
> xmlns='jabber:component:accept' to='component.localhost' xml:lang='en'
> version='1.0' >
>
> stuck

Is your component using TLS in this case?

I ask because when I was testing some changes yesterday I was frequently
disconnecting and reconnecting pyMSNt with no ill effect, but I wonder
if perhaps the socket is somehow getting "stuck" in TLS mode. I don't
really see how that could happen, but then I must admit to not really
understanding a great deal about how the TLS code works... I just tried
to copy what ClientIn connections were doing. :)

Also, do you notice anything in the DJabberd log? Component::External
generates some DEBUG log noise when accepting connections and stanzas
and when the component disconnects.