crashes with Component::External

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 18:56:18 UTC 2006

oliver oli wrote:

> lib/DJabberd/Connection.pm line 131.
> 2109 WARN  DJabberd.Component.External.Connection   Component sent
> {urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls}starttls stanza before handshake.
> Discarding.

I guess this means that DJabberd::Component::External doesn't support
TLS. I didn't test it against components that use TLS, so this is quite
likely.

> How stable is the Component::External Plugin in djabberd? Anyone using
> it in production environment?

I hacked it together in an afternoon so that I could run an MSN
Transport on my DJabberd server. As far as I know, no-one is using it in
production and as evidenced by your bug reports here it's obviously not
production-ready.

Unfortunately DJabberd doesn't currently have a bug tracker, but I've
added these two bugs to my own local to-do list. If anyone wants to
submit patches to fix this up I'd be happy to commit them!