How to configure MUC?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 17:59:29 UTC 2006

oliver oli wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is the MUC plugin from svn working? How to configure it?
>

> I tried
>
>   <Plugin DJabberd::Plugin::MUC>
>      Subdomain muc
>   </Plugin>
>
> but without success

The MUC plugin is currently only a framework through which you can build
a chat system. I don't think it does a great deal on its own. It also
hasn't really been used in production.

Off the top of my head, I think you'd need to subclass either the MUC
plugin itself or the Room class and implement some kind of store of
available rooms and the ability for users to create new ones. However,
you might be able to get some limited functionality by using the "room"
directive, like this:

Room roomname DJabberd::Plugin::MUC::Room

However, the MUC plugin should really have a big "work in progress" sign
hung on it, since it hasn't really been worked on beyond the bare
basics, and it's probably going to change a little before its finished.
If you need multi-user chat, for now I'd suggest using an external
component for this via DJabberd::Component::External.