How to configure MUC?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 07:18:02 UTC 2006

oliver oli wrote:

> thanks for the clarification :-). I would be happy with any external MUC
> component. My problem is that DJabberd::Component::External does not
> work (see my previous post). As soon as I put a <Subdomain> block in
> djabberd.conf, djabberd eats all messages. Even client to client chat
> messages don't pass through.

Sorry. I had been meaning to get back to you about the subdomain thing.
I've not had a chance to investigate it yet, but I'll try to have a look
later today. Subdomains were working last I looked, but it's possible
that they've inadvertently got broken in the mean time as LJ Talk —
which is the main source of changes to DJabberd — doesn't use subdomains
in production.