How to configure MUC?

oliver oli oliver.oli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 21:33:28 UTC 2006

Martin Atkins wrote:
> oliver oli wrote:
>>
>> i tried it with LocalVhosts, but it makes no difference to the Subdomain
>>  shorthand. Both configs don't work. I also had no success with S2S
>> delivery.
>>

> What happened when you tried S2S?

s2s works fine, both between two server and between to vhosts.

but i have no idea how to get the external components to work. you wrote:

 > But the <Subdomain ...> configuration directive is something
 > different. It's just some magic that sets up a second VHost
 > with a subdomain-shaped name and configures local delivery
 > between it and the parent. The old subdomain mechanism is not used.

Does it mean it's okay to put something like this in djabberd.conf?

<VHost component.localhost>
   S2S true
   <Plugin DJabberd::Component::External>
       ListenPort 5290
       Secret secret
   </Plugin>
</VHost>

Or how wold it look like when you don't use Subdomain, but configure the
vhosts and local delivery manually?

But it seems that the problem is Delivery::LocalVHosts. Looks like it
just doesn't deliver.