Trying to run djabberd with pidgin

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:35:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

1, I have a djabberd server running in centOS 4.5 and using pidgin as the
client.

2. My server conf is

OldSSL  enable
DeclareMonitor 192.168.1.21
AdminPort 5200
ClientPort 5222
ServerPort 5269
SSLCertificateFile    /usr/local/chat/DJabberd-0.83/server-cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/chat/DJabberd-0.83/server-key.pem
<VHost test.com>
  S2S enable
  #S2S false
  RequireSSL yes
  #RequireSSL no
  <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::HTDigest>
    Realm djabberd
    HtDigest /usr/local/chat/DJabberd-0.83/djabberd.users
  </Plugin>
  <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::AllowedUsers>
     Policy accept
     AllowedUsers AAA BBB test
  </Plugin>
  <Plugin DJabberd::RosterStorage::SQLite>
   Database /usr/local/chat/DJabberd-0.83/djabberd.sqlite
  </Plugin>
 #<Plugin DJabberd::RosterStorage::InMemoryOnly />

</VHost>

3. I created two users like
    htdigest -c djabberd.users djabberd AAA
    htdigest -c djabberd.users djabberd BBB

4. I cerated the server-cert.pem and server-key.pem

5. Login using pidgin with XMPP as AAA/BBB is successful. But when i try to
send a request or chat from AAA to BBB, i am getting the status for BBB as
Not Authorized in the AAA list. Could you please suggest me what changes i
should make?

6. From server side, i am getting messages like
                        DJabberd::Connection::ClientIn=ARRAY(0x9ffc288):
Cipher `(NONE)'
                        19903 WARN  DJabberd.IQ
Unknown IQ packet: get-{vcard-temp}query
   Could you please suggest me what has to be modified?

--
Regards,
-Rajesh

"Stick to our roots and not to forget where we come from"