Is there an alternative for SQLite for RosterStorage

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 13:14:58 UTC 2007

Rajesh Dharmalingam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an alternative for RosterStorage other than SQLite?

I'm not aware of any other general-purpose implementations of RosterStorage.

Other than SQLite, LiveJournal has its own specific implementation which
I believe uses Gearman to communicate with LiveJournal's own database,
but obviously that's not really useful outside of LiveJournal.

It would be good to have a general-purpose RosterStorage plugin that
doesn't block, but I'm not sure what form that would take.