Bots, components, etc.

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Fri Dec 28 02:13:29 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just getting to my first serious playing with djabberd, using svn trunk.
I've got the basics up nicely - auth, rosters, and vcards - and am now
trying to play with bots, components, and MUCs, with rather less success.

I'm trying to use djabberd.conf style configuration, but can't figure out
the proper incantations for things like bots and MUCs. I'm trying to setup
an eliza at example.com bot in my main vhost, for example, using this:

  <Plugin DJabberd::Bot::Eliza>
    NodeName eliza
  </Plugin>

Is this correct? It almost works, and I can add eliza at example.com as a
buddy and chat away ok, but I'm not getting authorised for presence updates?
(An older version references DJabberd::Plugin::Bot, but that's no longer in
svn, so I assume that's obsolete?)

I also tried playing with DJabberd::Component::Example, but that and
DJabberd::Component suggest this should be used as follows:

  <Plugin DJabberd::Plugin::Component>
     Subdomain example
     Class DJabberd::Component::Example
     Greeting Hello, world!
  </Plugin>

but DJabberd::Plugin::Component doesn't appear to be in svn?

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers,
Gavin