too many open files?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 01:00:47 UTC 2007

Matt Mankins wrote:

> 3) The process was using 100% of CPU and taking up 126MB.  The number of
> active connections was less than 10.  It sits behind LVS which checks
> for connection uptime periodically which is why the high connection count.

It's probably worth mentioning that I saw similar behavior on my
low-traffic personal DJabberd server once, about a month ago. My machine
started thrashing and I found that DJabberd was using far too much CPU
and RAM; I killed it and restarted it and it's been fine since. I never
got a chance to debug it.

My server was and still is on svn revision 732.