component::external configuration?

Edward Rudd erudd at netfor.com
Mon Jul 23 20:56:58 UTC 2007

Download mu-conference 0.7 from http://download.gna.org/mu-conference/

I'm using the latest djabberd.. here is the relevant djabberd configuration

<VHost mydomain>
  <Subdomain muc>
    <Plugin DJabberd::Component::External>
      ListenAddr 127.0.0.1:5290
      Secret ConferenceSecret
    </Plugin>
  </Subdomain>

  <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local />
  <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::S2S />
</VHost>

Build MUC by running "make" it will produce a mu-conference binary in
the src directory, copy it somewhere useful (ie /usr/local/bin)

copy the muc-default.xml to muc.xml (somewhere useful again, like /etc/muc)

edit the muc.xml and change the <name> and <host> to be your MUC domain
and change the <port> to the port in djabberd (5290) and the <secret> to
the secret in djabberd.

Startup djabberd
startup muc  (mu-conference -c /path/to/muc.xml)

if you have logging on (and in debug), you should see djabberd showing
these lines

DEBUG DJabberd.Component.External              Accepting connection from
component muc.lan.netfor.com
DEBUG DJabberd.Connection.ComponentIn          Making a
DJabberd::Connection::ComponentIn for fd 15
INFO  DJabberd.Component.External              Shutting down listener
for component muc.lan.netfor.com
DEBUG DJabberd.Connection.ComponentIn          Got stream start for
component muc.lan.netfor.com

That last one is important.. I wasn't getting that w/ muc 0.6. (so
nothing was working)