transport as component

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 08:04:36 UTC 2007

Aleksey Luzin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to implement an protocol transport as DJabberd plugin?
>
> Where I can read about it?

There is no technical reason why you cannot implement, say, a gateway to
AOL Instant Messenger as an in-process DJabberd plugin.

I was hoping to do this myself, but was unable to find an existing
implementation of many of the relevant proprietary IM protocols that
would integrate nicely into Danga::Socket's event loop and work
non-blocking. I think finding/writing such a thing would be the main hurdle.