subdomains cause Delivery::Local errors

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 08:10:08 UTC 2007

Adam Kalsey wrote:
> When I try and use a <Subdomain> to set up the Py* transports, I get
> this error...
>
> 18322 WARN  DJabberd.VHost                           No
> DJabberd::Delivery::Local delivery plugin configured
> No DJabberd::Delivery::Local delivery plugin configured at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/DJabberd/VHost.pm line 109
>
> 18322 WARN  DJabberd.VHost                           No
> DJabberd::Delivery::Local delivery plugin configured
> No DJabberd::Delivery::Local delivery plugin configured at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/DJabberd/VHost.pm line 109

These warnings are nothing to worry about.

I agree that this is sub-optimal, since my DJabberd instance (which has
lots of subdomains) produces lots of this "warning chatter" whenever I
start it up. Ideally, we'd supress this warning for subdomains, but I
don't think the bit of code generating that warning currently has any
way to know it's a subdomain.

One (maybe hacky?) approach that springs to mind is to have a VHost
configuration option that supresses that warning, and then have the
<Subdomain> construct implicitly add it. This would allow the warning to
be optionally supressed for non-subdomain VHosts too, which is valid in
some situations but is not the common case.