POE::Component:Jabber and DJabberd

Clive Holloway clive.holloway at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:59:49 UTC 2007

Apologies if this is a cross post for anyone, but I'm not really sure where
it's best to post this.

I'm having a problem connecting a PCJ client to DJabberd. I've detailed it
here.

http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=645299

I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to where I should head next on
this? Should I hack DJabberd authentication? Or try to add to the PCJ auth
code? Which is the least stressful route?

For this specific case, the user is on the same box as the server. If I
could hack authentication around that fact just for this user, then my
problem would go away.

If there is a better long term solution, I'd be happy to spend some time on
that too - once I get this project done...

I've already had some feedback from PCJ author (Perez), saying roughly that
"PCJ does not implement the iq-auth XEP. DJabberd seems to require it". But
I was under the impression wasn't the case these days.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

cLive ;-)