[patch] changing uid of the server

Edward Rudd erudd at netfor.com
Wed Sep 19 19:07:07 UTC 2007

Yuppers, my init.d script does exactly that, it switches to
non-privileged user and runs djabberd.  The only benefit of having the
daemon changing euids itself would be the *absent minded sysadmin*
running djabberd manually on the root prompt. Especially during testing
and messing up all the file permissions:).