[patch] do not answer to adhoc command discovery queries

Michael Scherer misc at mandriva.org
Mon Sep 24 14:31:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I discovered by accident that djabberd answer to all discovery query, even those
for adhoc command ( XEP 0050 ), and it was giving weird result with my jabber
client ( a empty list instead of the usaul message "the server do not support
XXX" ).

Basically, my client sent this :
<iq to="example.org" type="get" id="218" from="misc at example.org/Gajim">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"
node="http://jabber.org/protocol/commands" />
</iq>

and djabberd should not answer to such queries, and instead, it answered this :

<iq to='misc at example.org/Gajim' from='example.org' type='result' id='218'>
<query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
<item jid='chat.example.org' name='' />
</query>
</iq>

Obviously, it answer as if the query was a normal one.
So I filled a bug against the client ( http://trac.gajim.org/ticket/3460 ), and
I propose the following patch to djabberd.

--
Michael Scherer