DJabberd on livejournal.com

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Dec 16 17:54:18 UTC 2008

In any case, that patch isn't the LJ issue, because LJ doesn't use SQLite.
 So our problem is elsewhere.
Also, that patch seems like it might not be entirely robust:  when did that
unicode field get added to $dbh?  Does it work on all DBD::SQLite versions,
or just as of a certain point?  Plus, I'm not sure that's the proper fix:
 marking all scalars from the database as SvUTF8?  Is the rest of djabberd
fully SvUTF8 or do we do UTF8-in-bytes without SvUTF8?