Query regarding LDAP Authentication while running djabberd as daemon

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:36:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am finding a problem with LDAP authentication when running djabberd as a
daemon.

I have a ldap server and the users are getting authenticated against the
ldap server when i run the djabberd in debug mode. With the same setup and
configuration, i am running the djabberd server in daemon mode, the error is
user not found.

I thought the connection to ldap server is lost somehow while running as a
daemon. But with the log statements, i could see that binding is also
successful. Only while searching for the user, its not able to find the
user.

Can you provide some info or anyone has faced similar kind of problem?

--
Regards,
-Rajesh

"Stick to our roots and not to forget where we come from"