Miranda and iq with id

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 29 07:37:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:18:15 +0100, "Martin Atkins" <mart at degeneration.co.uk> said:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > So &DJabberd::IQ::process contains this:

> > And Miranda attempts to update the roster like this:

> > ==========
> >
> > Now clearly both clients are in a state of sin and should be taken
> > out the back and quietly put out of their misery, but the reality
> > is that people like using them.  Wow.  And I thought IMAP clients
> > were bad enough.
> >

> Is the Miranda Jabber plugin open source? Would it be possible to fix
> it, rather than making DJabberd handle its quirks? That'd presumably be
> of benefit to all XMPP servers.

http://www.miranda-im.org/

Yeah, looks like it is.  Of course, that doesn't help all the old versions
out there in the wild - but I guess we can just tell them to upgrade.  It's
free, and maybe doesn't even have regressions (I wouldn't know, I don't run
it myself)

Bron ( still betting that a generic quirks mode is better than blindly
       ignoring all messages without an id )
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm