is not an error an error?

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Thu Jun 12 17:10:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:43:06 -0700
"Brad Fitzpatrick" <brad at danga.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/11 Christian Huldt <christian at solvare.se>:
>
> > I know of sqlite's use of "not an error",
>

> I don't.  Explain?

$dbh->err returns the string "not an error" in the absence of errors
and I get that as djabberd dies.

> > but it seems to make djabberd not run
>

> Patches welcome.

If I could I would, but this intepretation would mean that no-one would
be able to run djabberd with DJabberd::RosterStorage::SQLite and I
don't believe that is true.

The only sensible conclusion is that I'm lost and do not have a
clue. :-) Ah, seems possible, but I'd like to use djabberd.

> # djabberd
> > Configuration error on line 36: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: not an
> > error(21) at dbdimp.c line 398 at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DJabberd/RosterStorage/SQLite.pm
> > line 35, <$fh> line 1.
>

> And there's the line number to patch, apparently.  :-)

just some rudimentary hacking to try to see or work around the
problem...