Changes to DJabberd

Philip Gladstone philip at gladstonefamily.net
Thu Apr 2 01:42:27 UTC 2009

I have been working on the following changes to DJabberd for my own use.
I can contribute all or some of them if anybody thinks that they are useful:

* Improved BotContext object. Supports timeouts on contexts, and also a
user context pointer

* A BotContextListStorage class (and associated hooks) that allow
BotContext objects to be stored.

* A BotContextListStorage::InMemoryOnly class that stores BotContext
objects in memory (and so they do not survive daemon restarts)

* A BotContextListStorage::SQLite class that stores them in a database
so that they can be long lived (which is my application)

* Lots of improvements to the Bot object so that it can respond to
subscribe requests and accept them. Provide methods that allow bots to
send unsolicited messages and allow them to set their availability.

* Fix Presence class so that a received probe can generate an
unsubscribed notification as per the spec.

* Add a Bot::BotFactory class that is a bot, but enables the dynamic
creation of other bots. Once created these other bots can be controlled
to send messages and alter their statuses.

Comments?

Philip