Changes to DJabberd

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 3 19:56:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 21:42 -0400, Philip Gladstone wrote:
> I have been working on the following changes to DJabberd for my own use.
> I can contribute all or some of them if anybody thinks that they are useful:
> [snip]

I'd be interested in seeing these patches, regardless of if the get
applied to trunk.

> * Lots of improvements to the Bot object so that it can respond to
> subscribe requests and accept them. Provide methods that allow bots to
> send unsolicited messages and allow them to set their availability.

One aspect of the current design which I find slightly lacking is that
if a presence request is made to a bot, and for whatever reason it
doesn't respond to it immediately (it gets lost, the server gets shut
down, what have you) the bot never notices the pending request later.
It sounds like the infrastructure you've worked so far might be helpful
in resolving this bug.
 - Alex