Changes to DJabberd

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 20:35:03 UTC 2009

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I'll leave that for Mart and Yann and other current committers to
> decide, if they need more help.  But once somebody's contributed a few
> times, matches style, has good tests, discusses changes, and reliably
> shown to be responsible for any regressions, I'm totally happy giving
> out more commit bits.
>
> As for who actually makes releases, though, I'm not sure.... Mart?
>  Yann?  :)

I'm happy to actually make releases.

I'm not actually sure who has commit access right now, but there seems
to be enough people that non-controversial things seem to get checked in
before I get to them a lot of the time. It would probably be good to
actually have an issue tracker somewhere since I'm sure there are a few
things that have got missed. Using RT on CPAN could work, but I guess
some people don't like that very much.

I've not really chimed in on this subject because it seems to be largely
around bots and that's not an area of the codebase I'm all that familiar
with. I know livejournal.com is using it for their "frank" bot, so
whatever changes get made shouldn't break that, but other than that it
seems fine to add new features.