starting with djabberd

Wojtek Sobczuk wojtek at grono.net
Thu Feb 26 19:51:43 UTC 2009

Hey Piers,

thanks for the info, that got me rolling in the right direction.

Actually I'm trying to set it up as a server for a community site,
like Facebook.  So what I need now is:
1. letting my existing users authenticate (and that'd be the Authen
plugin you mentioned)
2. downloading the existing friendlists of my users from my DB and
showing who's connected and who's not (how to achieve this?)
3. restricting who can message who (any way to monitor each sent
message and verify if the message should be allowed?)
4. setting up some superuser who can message anyone (but I guess 3.
will take care of that)
5. anything else you can think of that I'd need?

Thanks,
Wojtek