BOSH support [and sasl, clustering]

Yann Kerherve yann at sixapart.com
Tue Jan 6 16:59:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Damir Markovic <damir at etf.rs> wrote:
> I am wondering is there somebody interested in adding BOSH support to DJabberd?
> I have some thoughts about how it can be done, and I am willing to spend some time to develop it, but I would like first to discuss that with other people who might be interested, or if someone is already working on it, to join our efforts.

Hi,

That would be cool. I've played a bit with the idea and started a
prototype as an external service (Nothing that I could share yet). I
talked a bit with hachi too about how we could deal with load
balancing for it, and reusing REPROXY features or Perlbal seems to be
a nice fit (much more elegant than session stickiness that people
seems to implement with nginx for instance). But it would require to
have clustering support completed in DJabberd first, is anyone
actively working on that?

I wanted to see if javascript chat clients would work with djabberd,
but it appears like SASL is a must have for that, and that SASL was on
the roadmap and never implemented inside DJabberd. I'm willing to
spend some time playing with that, anyone has insights about it?
Authen::SASL has only client support, unless libsasl
(Authen::SASL::Cyrus 0.13-server) is used, I'm not sure if the latter
is non-blocking though.

Yann