PATCH: Proper namespaces handling in DJabberd

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 20:00:56 UTC 2009

Daniel Ruoso wrote:

> Just try to send any XML with namespace information and you should see
> it happening, like:
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="...">
>  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>   <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>     <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
>     <faultstring>Bla bla bla</faultstring>
>   </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>
> would become
>
> <Envelope xmlns="..." SOAP-ENV="...">
>  <Body>
>   <Fault>
>     <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
>     <faultstring>Bla bla bla</faultstring>
>   </Fault>
>  </Body>
> </Envelope>

And you are sending this element as a direct child of a message stanza?
Can you share some code that illustrates the problem?

I'm surprised to hear that namespaces aren't working since we use them
as part of the switching mechanism to determine the type of an iq stanza.

I'm happy to have a whack at writing a test for this, but right now I'm
not entirely sure what I'm testing; we already have some tests that use
namespaces, such as the vcard one you made minor alterations to in your
patch, so I don't know what additional test we need to catch the bug
you've found.