Non-Blocking MySQL Roster

Austin Brkich austin.brkich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:37:33 UTC 2010

I was taking a look at the SQLite Roster Storage that is provided with
DJabberd and was wondering what would be needed to convert it to use
MySQL without blocking. I don't know to much details about the Perl +
MySQL section which is why I am asking for some help. I know you can
setup a MySQL table to use InnoDB which uses row locking instead of
table locking (better for multiple applications accessing the same
table and updating). However from my understanding even if I did use
InnoDB that the Perl DBI stuff will still only execute it one at a
time.

Does anyone have any idea on how I would go about doing this?