Perl's autoflush() and Gearman workers

Chris Goffinet goffinet at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jan 9 08:52:37 UTC 2008

:) Before I spend lots of time profiling, analyzing whats the
bottleneck in gearmand (perl) I'd like to spend 5 minutes compiling
gearmand c version to see if I notice anything different speed wise.
Than at least I have something to compare profile wise to see where
things are going slower. I know that libevent uses epoll on Linux and
I need to verify if Gearmand (perl) even uses that. That would help
explain when a large pool of workers are connected causing performance
degradation on the polling aspect of the sockets.

--
Chris Goffinet
MyBlogLog Engineer