memcached frontend

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:04:50 -0700 (PDT)

This will only work with Perl-stored data.  If you store a compressed,
serialized object from, say, PHP, then this client is useless.

Maybe we should have a convention for the top 4 bits of the opaque flags
about which API created it?  Then a client like this could do the right
thing.

BTW, all:  I'm off on vacation for a week, with little or no net access.
Please, exchange patches/ideas, but they won't make their way into
releases until I get back.

- Brad