Connection issues with Perl API -- or is it just me?

M Nielsen xunker@pyxidis.org
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:44:22 -0700

A little more info:

I lied about 5.8 (I thought I tested last night on 5.8.0, but it was
5.6.1 too) -- I just tested on a machine running Red Hat 9 with 5.8 and
it works as-is with the blocking code, the problem seems to be
localized to some in the 5.6.x series.  In talking with some Perlmonks
the idea was thrown around that it could be due to a known bug with
signals and timers (like the perl API uses time::hires), though I'm not
enough of a guru myself to know a lot about it.  It was also thought
that the new SIGALRM support could be a culprit, but I don't think so.

Add't (old, but maybe still valid) discussion here:
http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=34188