Pertaining to memcached

Ryan Gilfether ryan@gilfether.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:02:34 -0400

I can not reproduce this problem. I've looked at the code and tried
doing multiple page loads retrieving and setting data into the Memcache
and it works fine on the PHP client. As far as the socket timeout
problem, unfortunatley PHP does not currently offer a way to specify a
timeout in the socket_connect() function call. You do however have a
global option in your php.ini file to change seconds it takes for a
socket connection to timeout. The default is 60 seconds. Look for the
variable default_socket_timeout in the 'Fopen wrappers' section of your
php.ini file.

Keep in mind, PHP sockets are still considered "Experimental" so
hopefully they will fix that in future releases.

Ryan

--
Ryan Gilfether
Software Engineer