lot of new members

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:50:48 -0700 (PDT)

James,

That Debian package is incredibly old... over a year.  Even libevent 0.7b
(released a couple weeks ago) is buggy:

It works perfect with kqueue, almost perfect in epoll mode (LJ uses this),
not at all in rtsig (which is off by default), reportedly horribly in poll
mode (which you're using, I imagine), and also reportedly bad in select.

Anybody using memcached for serious uses is running with epoll or kqueue.
(kqueue is BSD, epoll is Linux 2.6 or patched 2.4... and patching is easy)

However, I've never tested myself if libevent-0.7b sucks with poll (the
Linux 2.4 default), so let me make a new binary and get back to you.

- Brad