Linux sometimes kernel panics when starting memcached... (eek)

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:47:29 -0700 (PDT)

This isn't too surprising, after already coming to the conclusion that the
Linux epoll patches are buggy.  (we've been fighting a libevent
and/or epoll bug for the past few weeks that rarely manifests itself, and
usually only on 2.4.21, we think?)

Some or all of us should start bugging the epoll guy.  Anybody feel like
preparing a binary of memcached and test perl script we could give him to
segfault his system?  (after which he could debug...)

- Brad