libevent and epoll

Perrin Harkins perrin@elem.com
29 Sep 2003 14:18:10 -0400

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 02:56, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I tuned Memcached's Perl library, removing the dependence on the slow
> IO::Socket library.  Checking it into CVS now.

Cool!  I'll watch for a release on the clients page.  I also got a
pretty good speed-up by skipping the hashing when there is only one
memcached server.

By the way, putting it on CPAN would be very easy, since you already
have the standard Makefile.PL stuff in place.  There are instructions
here:
http://www.cpan.org/modules/04pause.html

> What are you doing all this benchmark work for, anyway?

I'm writing an article for perl.com, based on a talk I gave at the
O'Reilly Open Source Convention a couple of years ago.  I'll also be
doing a presentation on it in New York City later this year.

- Perrin