settings.maxconns not working ?

Bastiaan Naber bastiaan@ricardis.tudelft.nl
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:27:26 +0200

Hi,

First of all thanks for creating memcached, it has helped me relieve some (not
all unfortunately) strain of my MySQL database. I use it for my website,
www.mobstar.cc an online RPG, which has some intensive database work.Our site
serves several million pages a day and each and everyone connects to the
memcached server.

I have been wanting to use persistant conections but I seem to run out of them
all the time no matter what command line '-c xxxx' I start memcached with.

I am looking at the source and I see in the main routine that
settings.maxconns is set to the value of the command line argument -c but I
cannot find out where this setting is used.

Can anyone help me with this ?

The stats from memcached for the total connection in 2 days gives me this:

STAT total_connections 72519822

I hope persistant connections give me some extra performance.

Thanks,
Bastiaan Naber