libmemcache, various minor questions

John McCaskey johnm at klir.com
Mon Dec 6 16:28:09 PST 2004

With gcc under linux I get alot of:

external/libmemcache/libmemcache.c:208: warning: assignment discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

type warnings, looks like all it takes to avoid these is to explicitly
cast away the const qualifier.  Is there a reason why this isn't being
done (doesn't work on other platforms maybe?)?  I know the warning is
nothing to worry about, but I just hate seeing them in my otherwise
warning free code :)

Also, it looks like the examples on the libmemcache page need some
updating, the order of arguments to mc_aget for example is incorrect!

And finally, I seemed to have alot of trouble using mc_aget with the
correct value not being returned, and ultimately freeing the memory
resulting in stack corruption.  I need to isolate out my code and try to
reproduce this with a simple test case, if I can I'll report back.  When
I swithced to using mc_req_add, mc_get, etc, I had no further issues.

Any known issues with mc_aget I should be aware of?

--
John A. McCaskey
Software Development Engineer
johnm at klir.com