Memory limit??

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Dec 7 08:47:09 PST 2004

Part of what makes memcached so fast is how it lays out objects in memory.

Unfortunately, the layout wastes space.  You're getting about 66%
utilization, which is what we see in production as well.

See:
http://cvs.danga.com/browse.cgi/wcmtools/memcached/doc/memory_management.txt?rev=HEAD

We've been talking about different memory layouts for a while now, but
we haven't had time to actually implement any of them.

- Brad