memcached client API for Microsoft .NET Framework

Diego Caravana diego at toth.it
Tue Dec 28 17:12:30 PST 2004

Hi Brad,

   I agree with you on the fact that J# runs directly on CLR so you have
full speed, and this can be a viable option except for the fact that J#
library compatibility is with Java 1.1.4, so you don't have many things
(like Collections) and, in any case, there's at least a mapping layer
between J# libraries and .Net libraries.
Apart from that, my port suffers from only one potential problem (to my
knowloedge): Socket class lacks isConnected() method (it has been
simulated.)

If you are interested in my port, yes, I have some space on the
Internet. The address is at my [italian] blog:

http://caravana.to/blogs/index.php?p=73

And the response to your last question is: yes and no ;) , it depends on
which system memcached will perform better. Personally, I would choose
Linux, but my customer imposes a constraint on using only Microsoft
products... but if I can demonstrate that the infrastructure performs
better if the "cache" runs on Linux, well, maybe I'll obtain it.
Anyway, you can tell me for sure which is the fastest platform to run
memcached on.

Thanks
Diego