RHEL 3?

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg@outblaze.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:41:37 +0800

> > Anyone running memcached on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3?  I'm having a
> > hard time finding getting epoll working on this distro.  Seems like the
> > glibc supports it, but the kernel doesn't, and I can't find a patch that
> > will go against 2.4.21-EL cleanly (or even 2.4.21).  I suppose we could
> > go for the vanilla kernel, but that would mean a bunch of time to harden
> > it.
>
> Weird... I'd have thought RHEL would do epoll by default.  I guess very
> little code uses it yet, so it's not considered a big deal.

The RHEL glibc has weak symbols for epoll so they will do the right
thing with the appropiate kernel.

But don't you violate your RHEL support/warranty if you muck around
with your own kernel.
Try getting a Fedora Core x86-64 build and they compile 2.6.x on it

--
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web
   you're suffering it