Object creation/locking issue

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:21:21 -0800 (PST)

> Detecting when another process dies is more complicated, and I'm not
> sure how any system could help you.  :)
> (I guess if there was some way to bind K_lock's lifetime to the lifetime
> of the A's TCP connection?  But memcache definitely doesn't do that.)

That'd be easy to add, and would make implementing named locks easiest.

We'd make a special flag to set/add/replace that adds the item to the
connection's "to delete" list off.  Conn dies, we go delete all the items
it touched in that mode.

Then the lock acquirer could just poll.  (which is ghetto, but we're
talking about the easiest way to implement this)

- Brad