rtsig on Opteron

Jason Titus jtitus@postini.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:12:50 -0800

In our ongoing fun of getting memcached working well on x86_64, I have
discovered that rtsig doesn't pass libevent's REGRESS tests on RHEL
x86_64.  It does on plain old x86 RHEL.  Anyone have any rtsig advice?
Has it changed in recent 2.4 kernels?  I can find VERY little
information on it that isn't from 1999-2000.

Is rtsig even worth looking into?  I am just trying to find a way to
use one of the high performance event systems on a relatively supported
kernel.  epoll does not patch cleanly to the RHEL kernel, and I don't
think we are willing to run a 2.6 kernel.

Thanks for any info,
Jason.