Cache entry size limit?

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Mon Nov 15 18:31:27 PST 2004

"Garrett, Philip (MAN-Corporate)" <Philip.Garrett at cox.com> writes:
> Is there a size limit to individual cache entries in memcached?  My
> memcached server is choking on sizes slightly smaller than 1 megabyte.

I think the output you reproduced shows your limit at, um, 12MB?

> STAT limit_maxbytes 134217728

You might try increasing the memory allocated to memcached; it uses a
slab allocator, and while this is resistant to fragmentation in the
presence of many relatively small objects, with large objects it can
result in unfortunate amounts of wasted memory.

Mike
--
Give it away -- Red Hot Chili Peppers